What is evisa ? The e-Visa was launched in October 2014 by the Indian Government. Citizens from eligible countries may apply online to receive a double-entry Electronic Visa before traveling to India. The duration of stay may not exceed 60 consecutive days.
A travel visa grants you permission to enter India for a limited time period, depending on the type of visa you apply for, your nationality, and other factors. This limitation usually allows for a stay of a few weeks or a few months, within a given time period.
1. Passport must have a validity of at least six months from the date of arrival in India.
2. The passport must have at least two blank pages in case stamping needed to be done by the Immigration Officer.
3. International Travellers are required to have a return ticket or an onward journey ticket and may be asked at the airpport to be furnished.
4. Tourists must travel with sufficient money to spend during the stay in India.
5. For Business Travel one must have his or her business card or a letter from the company for the purpose of travel.
6. For Medical Purpose, a person must have a letter from the Hospital on their letterhead where the treatment is supposed to happen.
Canadian e- visa applicant (likely the same processas for Americans) arrived at Kolkata on Jan 13/16. The visa process at the airport took less than ten minutes. First you must fill out a small form before proceeding any further. Get form from visa desk, fill in the basic info required, including passport info, for each person in your party. Biometric info is photo and electronic finger printing. Only takes s few minutes and is easy. Get passport stamped and off you go.
Most people plan their trips well in advance in order to ensure that they have a flight, a hotel room, a valid entry visa, and anything else required for their trip. While this is definitely the best way to ensure that your vacation goes smoothly, when it comes to your travel visa, it’s important to make sure that it will be valid in time for your trip.
Eligibility for visa to India
1. International travellers whose sole objective for visiting India is recreation, sight seeing,casual visit to visit friends and relatives, attending a short term yoga programme, medical treatment including treatment under Indian systems of medicine, business purpose, as attendant to e-Medical visa holder, attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop organized by a Ministry or Department of the Government of India, State Governments or UT Administrations etc. & their subordinate/ attached organizations & PSUs and no other purpose/activity.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
3. International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
4. International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
5. Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
6. Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
7. Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
8. The delivery times are not applicable for Sri Lankan and Chinese Passport Holders. For these nationalities the delivery time is 5 business days in case of urgent processing and 10 business days in case of normal processing.
The information provided on your visa application should be identical to the information that appears in your passport (if you hold more than one passport, then the information should be identical to the one with which you’re travelling to India), including your name, passport number, place of birth, etc.
Any discrepancy between the details you provide on your online application and the information on the passport, can cause the officers at the port of entry to reject your evisa and prevent you from entering the country.
Since February 1st 2017, the Government of Vietnam has implemented the e-Visa. The new online process simplifies the procedures to enter Vietnam by allowing travellers to apply directly online for a visa. Hence, there is no more need to apply for an “approval letter”, which require to queue, process and pay an additional stamp for “visa on arrival” once arrived to Vietnam.
What’s Vietnam e-Visa?
The e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization from the Vietnam Government for up to 30 consecutive days, issued in PDF format. It is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in the passport. The e-Visa is an entry requirement to travel to and within Vietnam for any of the following reasons:
Office, Organization of Economy, Culture, Technology, Non-Government
Eligibility for visa to Vietnam
1. Who is eligible for an e-Visa?
Vietnam is currently launching a pilot e-Visa system for citizens from 46 countries.
2. How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is processed within 03 working days after the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed application and full e-Visa fee.
3. How long is an e-Visa valid for?
An e-Visa is single entry and valid for amaximum of 30 days.
4. What is the minimum passport expiry date required to apply for an e-Visa?
According to Vietnam Law, the visa expiry date must be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date. Therefore, an e-Visa expiry date must also be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date.
My husband and I visited Vietnam for the first time in February and we also got E-visas for our trip. I was very concerned about how easy they would be to use but we had no problems what so ever. We simply handed them over along with our passports and within about 2 or 3 mins were waved through. Have a great trip!